8th Gen Kaby Lake R Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Surface Book 2 houses an 8th Gen Kaby Lake R Intel Core i5-8350U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7 GHz. The processor can also be boosted up to 3.6 GHz.
Four Versatile Modes
- Crafted of premium, lightweight materials, Surface Book 2 adapts to the way you work and create. Draw or paint in Studio Mode using Surface Pen and Surface Dial (both sold separately). Render huge 3D files or edit 4K video in Laptop Mode. Watch videos and present in View Mode. Detach the screen to Tablet Mode and collaborate on the fly.
Intel Dual-Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Featuring Intel dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, the Surface Book 2 delivers faster Internet access, broader coverage, and longer battery life than was available with previous Wi-Fi standards. The Surface Book 2 is also backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. The Surface Book 2 also comes with Bluetooth 4.1 LE, so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible peripherals and accessories.
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.